Mechanical Engineer - 3-5 Years Experience - Experience designing industrial machines or equipment, fixtures, or similar mechanical hardware.
Genesis Dimensions is a 5-year-old company developing technology and methods for construction automation and large-scale 3D printing. Over the past 5 years, we have developed and tested a small-scale demonstration unit that is capable of 3D printing form-work and other construction projects. We are in the process of building out numerous large-scale technologies and are looking for engineers that are looking for a challenge while growing their career.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated and can work on agile development teams to design and build large-scale custom robotic and process equipment. Qualifications include a BS in a mechanical engineering field and 3-5 years of related experience designing industrial machines or equipment, fixtures, or similar mechanical hardware. Experience with design and build of heavy/construction equipment is a plus.
- BS in mechanical engineering field (Mechanical Design, Mechatronics, etc.)
- 3-5 years of experience performing design/build of industrial machines, equipment, fixtures, or similar mechanical hardware
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, have excellent attention to detail and be willing and able to learn new technologies quickly
- Experience successfully interacting and working with customers at multiple levels of responsibility
- Willingness to work beyond core business hours, if necessary to meet project requirements and goals
- Have solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Successful completion of drug screen and background check
- Provide mechanical component and system level designs for automated and custom robotic systems in a 3D CAD environment such as Solidworks, Siemens NX, etc.
- Test and Validate designs via full structural analysis, modeling, and simulation with 3D CAD design and simulation tools
- Produce and Test prototype parts and assemblies as necessary
- Develop drawings and documentation for component construction via traditional machining as well as via additive manufacturing
- Produce Bill of Materials for procurement and find/evaluate vendors and equipment for use in machinery designs
- Support build team during assembly of equipment
- Create, document, and lead testing of equipment when necessary to validate equipment performance per design specifications
- Work successfully in a team design/build environment; with emphasis on continued learning and personal growth.
- Mechanical design of heavy equipment and/or hydraulic systems is a plus.
- US Citizens only due to project/customer requirements
Benefits: (ALL OF THIS IS TBD)
- Medical/Dental/Vision (waiting period may apply)
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying