Instrument Fitter and Fabricator
Genesis Dimensions is the future of construction: our mission is to change the face of the construction industry by building robotic systems that 3D print buildings and structures across the world.
Genesis seeks a self-starter, with a high mechanical aptitude, thorough knowledge of instrument fitting, process assembly, and shop operations who is ready to dive into automating the construction industry.
This position will work on-site at our headquarters in Houston, Texas. Position includes company paid benefits (health, dental, vision, and disability).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Layout, measure, fabricate, and install process tubing.
- Layout, measure, bend, cut, thread, and fit hard pipe systems.
- Able to layout and install pneumatic and hydraulic panels, tubing, and end devices.
- Installs instrument and control wiring to valves, instruments, pumps, and other process equipment.
- Assist engineering with calibration and checkout of process systems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of pneumatics, electronics, and electricity.
- Knowledge of industry standards.
- Proficient in the use of tools of the trade.
- Capable of working alongside shop employees to meet critical deadlines in the following areas:
- Work with minimal supervision with limited detailed drawings or blueprints. Must be able to interpret verbal or written instructions and work independently to complete jobs from set up to final inspection.
- Able to recognize and avoid safety hazards and dangers.
- Operating Heavy Machinery, such as Forklifts, Overhead Cranes, and Manlifts is a plus.
- Previous experience with industrial control panel building is a plus.
- Read and understand loop sheets, P & ID's, and mechanical schematics
- Can perform tube bending, process skid construction, and instrument installation
- Be able to install panels, instrument air headers, instruments, tube, cable tray, and electrical conduit.
- Have knowledge of high-pressure valves and fittings.
- Able to use mechanical and hydraulic powered tubing benders, weld fittings, and pipe specifications.
- High mechanical aptitude
- Ability to follow shop drawings/blueprints
- Able to work at a fast pace in a constantly changing environment with long hours and tight deadlines.
- Strong sense of leadership during stressful times.
- Self-starter that can work with minimal direction/supervision toward achieving the common company goal.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Strong work ethic.
- Poise when confronted with sudden setbacks or stressful situations.
- Willingness to operate in a dynamic environment and team structure.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and people skills. Comfortable with presenting ideas and issues to peer group and leadership.
- Escalates functional and process failures to the appropriate groups or leaders.
- Ability to perform physical work for extended periods of time.
- Extended periods of standing
- Ability to lift >80 lbs
- Use of complex tooling that requires specialized training.
- Wearing Personal Protective Equipment: safety glasses, vests, shoes, hard hats
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying